There are some words that I really love, and they find their way into either my work, my speech, or my thoughts many times. There are also sounds, smells, and things that I love/hate. I’m going to try to get them all down at some point or another.
This list will probably be updated occasionaly. These are in no particular order.
Words I love:
- Noir <- (thank you J&J)
Words that I hate, although I will use them occasionally, I shiver every time I do:
- Any scientific name for a body part, the ones that are improper to say in public are particularly nasty.
Things I love:
- BATMAN! And most everything associated with this universe.
- Paper (the kind you write on, not the essay type)
- Graphic Novels
- Waking up, looking at the alarm clock, and realizing that you still have another hour left to sleep.
- Pretty dresses
- Beautiful gowns
- Getting presents
- Getting mail
- Mountain Dew
- Locked chests and keys
Things I hate:
- Praying Mantises
- Walking Stick Bugs
- Drama Queens
- Bad drivers
- Something I wanted being out of stock at the store
Sounds I love:
- Running water (think waterfall, not bathroom, please.)
- Wind chimes
- Music box tunes
- My favorite songs
- The “ding!” that means I got a message on skype or on my phone.
Sounds I hate:
- Fingernails on a chalkboard
- Spoiled little girls doing the “I want attention” scream
- The sound of people singing “Jingle Bells, Batman smells….”
Smells I love:
- PAPER! (therefore, the post office is my favorite smelling place in the world)
- Popcorn at the movie theater
- Cookies or other forms of edible goodness baking
- A spring breeze
- The inside of a Starbucks building
Smells I hate:
- Anything my brothers have had in their bedrooms for long periods of time without washing it.
- The overwhelmingly insane perfume in some of those stores in the mall.